Capital City Regatta
- Saturday, March 26th, 2011 - Sunday, March 27th, 2011
- Potomac River SA
- Alexandria, VA
- Related Website:
- Captial City Regatta Website
2011 Potomac River Laser Fleet
CAPITAL CITY LASER REGATTA
Washington Sailing Marina
Daingerfield Island, Alexandria, Virginia
Saturday and Sunday March 26th and 27th 2011
ORGANIZING AUTHORITY: POTOMAC RIVER SAILING ASSOCIATION
CLUB/HOST ORGANIZATION: POTOMAC RIVER LASER FLEET WASHINGTON, DC
OFFICIAL WEB SITES: http://potomacriversailing.org/lasers
NOTICE OF RACE
1. Rules: This regatta is governed by The Racing Rules of Sailing for 2009-2012, the prescriptions of the US Sailing Association, and the rules of the International Laser Class Association except as any of these are altered by this notice, and/or by the sailing instructions.
2. Eligibility and Entry: This regatta will be a Category A event as it relates to advertising.
3. Number and Schedule of Races
Several races may be sailed on any day at the discretion of the race committee. The warning signal for the first race on each day is scheduled as indicated below.
Sat. 26th 1100 Skipper Meeting
1200 Warning Gun for Race 1, other races to follow
No races after 15:30
Sun. 27th 1100 Warning Gun for 1st race of the day, others to follow
No race will be started after 1400
Awards immediately following racing
4. Social and Registration Schedule
Sat. 26th 0900 to 1100 Registration
Sat. 26th 1700 Dinner
Sun. 27th 1500 Awards, afterwards left-overís will be served
5. Advance Registration: Online registration is available on the PRSA Laser Web site.
6. Fees: The entry fee is $35 for registering before March 21st. Registration the day of the event will be $45.
7. Sailing Instructions: Sailing instructions will be available on the official Potomac River Sailing Association Laser Fleet website and at registration.
8. Scoring: If 4 or fewer races are completed, a boatís series score will be the total of all her race scores. Otherwise, her worst score will be excluded. This changes RRS Appendix A rule A2. Boats failing to finish within 30 minutes after the first boat to finish will be scored TLP (time limit penalty). TLP is two plus the number of boats finishing within the time limit, and not thereafter retiring or being disqualified. This changes rule 35, A4.1, and A4.2.
9. Trophies: Trophies will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
10. Launching: Two ramps are available. For launching off the ramp, competitors will be required to provide their own beach dollies. Road trailers can also be used.
11. Disclaimer of Liability: Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
12. Further Information: Visit http://www.potomacriversailing.org/laser or email email@example.com
Added: 10/31/2010 18:26:58 by Jon Deutsch
Updated: 3/05/2011 11:12:32 by Jon Deutsch